Re: [OM] Food Scultures (was: Dead pigs)

Subject: Re: [OM] Food Scultures (was: Dead pigs)
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 12:20:41 -0600
> That, and the fact that rugby is more physically demanding because the play
> is much more continuous than in American football. I once heard the latter
> described as "30 seconds of conference followed by 5 seconds of grunting".

Rugby is more of a marathon than a sprint. The "30 seconds of
conference" is more like "30 seconds of ball walking" with "5 seconds
of grunting" in both.

What amazes me about American Football is the sheer speed that these
guys are running at. Here you have 250-300 pound guys going from
dead-still to all-out Usain Bolt sprints while wearing tons of
protective gear. And their idea of coming to a stop is by hitting
another guy coming at them at the same insane speed.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx