[OM] Paul's PAW - a whole bunch o' music

Subject: [OM] Paul's PAW - a whole bunch o' music
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 00:29:02 -0600
This past weekend was the annual World Stage event, an all-star jam
hosted by my good friend Jim Peterik.  The last 14 shots are from the
weekend.

The rehearsal studio shots are rough - Jim's in the process of
remodeling an old body shop into a top-notch rehearsal/performance
space, but the lighting truss wasn't up yet so all I had to work with
were some overhead lighting fixtures that were amazingly not sufficient
for good photography.  If I only had my E-1, I would have left it in the
bag.  As it was, the E-M5 was sweating quite a bit.

I had better luck with the ones shot the next day at the venue.  I
didn't get to shoot any during the actual show, though, since our
merchandise manager, a very good friend of mine, was panicking because
her assistant bailed at the last minute.  Since this whole weekend is
most definitely a team event, and I knew we already had two good
photographers with the big, fast glass shooting, I put the E-M5 away and
helped my friend set up and run the merchandise table.

However, I still got some shots that I'm happy with and that will bring
back good memories.  The celebrity guest artists were David Pack of the
rock band Ambrosia, Kelly Keagy of the rock band Night Ranger, Mike Reno
of the rock band Loverboy, and Keith Burns of the country band Trick
Pony.  A very successful show.  I never learned how to play music,
especially once I discovered that I have neither the talent nor the
patience/coordination to do so.  But hanging around with my musical
family for a long weekend every year goes a long way towards filling
that space in my soul.  These guys are all world-class, and they are all
as welcoming and as friendly as humans can be.

C&C always welcomed.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard