Re: [OM] California Sunshine

Subject: Re: [OM] California Sunshine
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 09:05:09 -0600
> Thanks! Can't recall the last time I saw the sun. The moon did make an
> appearance for a few minutes last night.

The nice thing about western Iowa is that the sun does occasionally
shine. As we have a solar house, I tend to pay attention to how much
we get. It has been a dismal year, this year. Lots more cloud cover
than normal. We've had maybe one day in the last three weeks where the
skies were really clear. Otherwise, it's partly cloudy. If we get a
"Sunny-16" day here, the furnace won't run until late in the evening.
As I type this, the sun is shining in, but with the low angle, partial
clouds and haze, it's more like a Murky-8. That will maintain the
house temperature, but doesn't do anything for the thermal mass.

Hmm. Maybe I'll head on out, today, with the 3Ti. It's got a roll of
HP5 in it and the 50/1.4 on the front. Perfect for throwing B&W
contrast filters on.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx