Re: [OM] A voice from the past

Subject: Re: [OM] A voice from the past
From: "George Themelis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 23:06:14 -0500
> Hey George! Welcome back!
> How is the running going?

Thanks Ken!

Actually, running and 3d photography are my two passions in life for a while
now.  I started running in 2000. I ran my first marathon in 2004, my first
trail race (50K) in 2007.   I then decided to run a 100 mile trail race. I
did that in 2012 (age 53) and again in 2013.  It took me 21-22 hours to
finish and I was at the top 1/4 of the those who finished (about 40% do not
finish the race) and 2nd over 50 years old in 2012.

Last year (2013) I ran a total of 38 races, 17 of which were marathon
distance or longer!  This gives you an idea of how crazy I am about running.

This year I will attempt the "Midwest Grand Slam of Ultrarunning" which is
4x 100 mile races from June to September (one in Wisconsin, two in Ohio and
one in Michigan).  The first race is June 7. Wish me luck!

Thanks to digital photography, I have been able to combine running and
photography, so I often run with my digital 3d camera and take pictures
during the run :)  The only problem is that I have destroyed 3 of the
Panasonic 3d cameras either as a result of falling or from humidity/water.
I also damaged my iphone so now I carry it in a waterproof case.

George