[OM] equipment malfunction ?

Subject: [OM] equipment malfunction ?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 22:19:31 -0500 (EST)
> almost the dead centre position on each image is a brilliant red spot
> measuring four pixels square with a faint one or two pixel wide red
line
> trailing to the bottom of the image.

Sounds like a hot or stuck pixel on the sensor at least in part.  Not
sure what the line is but the demosaicing will result in the cross
pattern.
On some Canyon cams using the manual sensor clean option from the menu
seems to remap these.  I have seen reports of getting he sensor warm
with a long exposure will sometimes get rid of it.  I think ACR now
just eliminates them but in cam jpegs might still be an issue.  I
wonder if you reprocess the
raw files with current converter, all the issues will vanish.  No
problem on OM though as  any defective sensor is changed easily w/o
sending back for servicing.

Remap with sensor clean or advance lever, Mike