Re: [OM] What would you buy?

Subject: Re: [OM] What would you buy?
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 13:25:10 -0500
I would not travel with film these days.  Too many TSA screenings, too many
worries about carrying it everywhere, no possibility to change ISOs when
needed, when you get it back home you still have develop it or pay to have
it developed and then to post it anywhere you have to scan it..  When you
think that a tiny SD card can carry the equivalent of hundreds of rolls of
film, and that today's digital files are equal to or better than scanned
film, there is no reason to burden yourself with outdated technology ;-)
 If you want film grain, you can add it later.

On the other hand, I would not carry a cheap, new system that I had never
used.  Luckily, Leica fits all of the requirements and I already have all
of the lenses!

Tina

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 1:04 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > No, I won't be packing either my OM or e-thingy kits. For that  matter
> the
> > medium and large format gear will also be staying home.  I  really hate
> not
> > having my film gear with me, however . . .
>
> I think you have this backwards. I personally wouldn't do the trip
> without an OM film body. My choice for this trip would be the OM-3Ti,
> 28/2, 50/1.4 and 100/2. Oh, and a brick of Ilford Delta 400.
> (push/pull 200-1600).
>
> Screw digital. Save that for the cellphone camera.
>

> --
> Ken Norton
> ken@xxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.zone-10.com