[OM] Paul's PAW - Snowpocalypse 2014

Subject: [OM] Paul's PAW - Snowpocalypse 2014
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 15:59:37 -0600
Well, yes, I realize getting snow in the Chicago area in January isn't
necessarily a big deal.  But we're getting hit pretty hard right now.
The county just closed all of the county roads, and I just got email
that the hospital just called "Code White," which means a snow
emergency.  However, I'm not sure that I can even dig out to my car to
try and get in if I had to.  We live in a condo with an enclosed
courtytard, and it tends to trap the wind and snow during a blizzard
like this.  Right now, it's three feet deep in spots.  If they haven't
come to clean the sidewalk on the other side of our gate yet, even if I
dig out up to the gate, I can't open it to get out.  Oh, sure, you say,
"He has a garage.  Isn't that what they park cars in?"

I've heard that rumour.  I find it a novel idea, and one of my life's
goals is to empty enough stuff out of my garage to actually give it a
try one day.

Meanwhile, I'm really, really, REALLY missing my Subaru right about now....

Not great art, but I put on a jacket and was standing at my front door
in my pajamas with my hand and the E-M5 out just far enough into the
blowing snow to grab a couple of quick shots.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard