Re: [OM] IMG: Small Town Infrastructure - 100% Crop

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Small Town Infrastructure - 100% Crop
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 12:47:08 -0500
If it was "reported speech" (something I've never heard of) I would have
expected: The Prime Minister said: "I am keen to preserve the State
Pension."  Changing the tense to agree as you require would be: The
Prime Minister reported that he was keen to preserve the State Pension.
  That's easily misinterpreted as the Prime Minister used to think that
way but has changed his mind.

Far be it from me to dispute the master of English.  I'll just say that:
Chuck Norcutt reported that he was keen to disagree with Chris Barker
but, of course, has changed his mind.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt