Re: [OM] My 2013 yearbook is available

Subject: Re: [OM] My 2013 yearbook is available
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 12:49:05 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>>      I hope the tree-ware version is better than the e-book version.  I get
>>> an error message telling me I
>>>need to use Google Chrome to view it.
>>>

>> That's very strange and must an issue on your end. I created the e-book
>> using Blurb's software on my Macbook
>> Pro which does not even have Google Chrome on it. I just tested it in Safari
>> and Firefox and the preview
>> works fine.
>>

>Worked fine for me using Firefox on Win7 64-bit.
>
>What strikes me as really peculiar is that you have to be using some
>browser other than Chrome. And you say *that* browser is delivering a
>message that you must use Chrome????  Sounds as rational to me as your
>Chevrolet's GPS nav system saying; Sorry, you must be driving a Ford to
>navigate this street.  Is there a Google virus? :-)

     Yes, it is peculiar.  After what I went through almost a year ago to get
this laptop fully functional after the coffee shops computer "expert" hosed it,
I'm not inclined to experiment with any more operating systems, browsers, etc.
I get "obsolete operating system" notices from Flickr and other pages, but this
is the only time I've had one come to a screeching halt.

Chris

When the going gets weird, the weird go pro
     - Hunter S. Thompson