[OM] IMG: First Photo of 2014

Subject: [OM] IMG: First Photo of 2014
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 11:00:53 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Earlier this morning I took the time to finally photograph an interesting
farm structure, which is a small horse barn made entirely out of concrete:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/11690227593/

     It was built by a contractor using left over materials back when the area
was citrus groves, corn, alfalfa, and sorghum fields, but which has long since
become little subdivisions with grandfathered agriculture and livestock
proviledges.  The exterior and interior walls are typical concrete block
masonry, which is not at all unique.  The fields of the roof are made from
precast wall sections.  But what really makes it unique is that the cupola is
made from precast irrigation ditch bridge sections.  I've never seen those used
for anything other than their intended purpose, so this barn is truly unique.

     It would probably survive a direct nuclear strike.

Chris

When the going gets weird, the weird go pro
     - Hunter S. Thompson