Re: [OM] [IMGs] A short walk

Subject: Re: [OM] [IMGs] A short walk
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 17:47:22 -0800
On 12/28/2013 11:04 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
> That's impressive processing work, Moose.

Thanks, Chris.

I finally admitted to myself that, in my corner of PS, my skills are well above
average. Some sort of combination of
aptitude, practice and patience. I used to say to people that they could do
that too, with a little effort. Not actually
true, in most cases.

Of course, PS is like a continent, with some dark and unknown places. :-)   I'm
only familiar with part of it, have
visited others, and am ignorant of the rest.

> Obsessive, perhaps, but impressive nonetheless.

Many of us have things we like to do, that may seem obsessive to others,
sometimes even to themselves. The recent
mention of model railroading comes to mind. My late brother was fascinated with
it, but it holds no interest for me.

Yet I can spend a lot of time working over an image and get a lot of enjoyment
out of it. Figuring out how to match the
sunlit background part of the one image with the shadowed part seamlessly gave
me a kick.

I really enjoy seeing people go through one of my books. Part of the enjoyment
is in knowing what I did to make what
seems like a simple shot seem that way.

Digital Darkroom Moose