Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 17/12/2013: selfie with fisheye

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 17/12/2013: selfie with fisheye
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 16:32:22 -0800
On 12/19/2013 2:05 PM, John Hudson wrote:
> How does / did the photo editor rationalize her assertion that "all fish-eye
> photos look the same and are boring."?

IF she is a good editor, she knows what sells, and bases her opinions on that
criterion. If not, why bother with an editor?

I tend to agree with her as a matter of visual preference. A few fish-eye shots
are great images. But more than a couple
together soon become about the distortion, not the subject - to me.

> Insert "short tele photo lens" for "fish eye" and would she make the same
> crass assertion?

Most likely not, as that is a normal lens which doesn't call attention to
itself through distortion. The average viewer
may not have any idea whether a particular shot was taken with anything from
slight WA to moderate tele.

Rectilinear Moose