Re: [OM] Direct/Reflect Leaves

Subject: Re: [OM] Direct/Reflect Leaves
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 14:23:55 -0600
Moose thus say:
> They don't need to see any but the finished version of the chosen one.
> Else we go mad.

I've done it before and I'll do it again, before too long. And that's
a series of shots, based on the concept of "working the scene".
Essentially, it's the fine-tuning of the picture through multiple
pictures.

My usual style of working is to get a shot in the can right away. This
one will be a "formula shot" where I use a common composition to get
it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But at least there is
something there and I don't have to worry about going home empty
handed. In an NFL reference, it would be kicking a 3-pointer at the
end of the first possession JUST to get any form of score up on the
board.

Once I have the standard composition picture, I'll work the scene to
get something unique and artistic. This is where I may get closer,
tighter or change angle of views to something unique and expressive.
Once in a while those turn out, but more often than not, I'll look at
those on the screen and ask myself "what in the world were you
thinking?" It's with those ones I ended up using the standard image I
shot with up front.

AG

--
Ken Norton