Re: [OM] One more, and I'll quit whining

Subject: Re: [OM] One more, and I'll quit whining
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 20:48:20 +0100
I would NEVER buy a bag from the net that I haven't touched beforehand

As photogs - or would be photogs such as me - we all know pictures can
be deceptive ...

David is a friend - I met him in Paris (France, not Texas) back in was
it 2006? - such a sweet chap.
But I came to the same conclusion as yours as regards his
"transmogrification".

Amities
Philippe

Le 17 déc. 13 à 15:44, Chuck Norcutt a écrit :

> I'm first reposting the link hoping it doesn't break this time.
> <http://www.popflash.com/bags/cases/straps/artisan-artist-gcam-7200-black-nylon/leather-camera-bag-new/
>

>  I balk at this one just given the price but, even if it was much
> cheaper I couldn't see myself using it because the camera can't be
> stored in shooting ready state with lens installed.
>
> I much enjoyed reading David Young's article here
> <http://www.furnfeather.net/Reviews/NewLife.html>  It's an excellent
> idea but what he has built I'd call a transport bag and not a shooting
> bag.  I think the main goal must have been secure and easy carrying on
> an airplane.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 12/17/2013 12:27 AM, Chris Crawford wrote:
>> Paul, the Artisan & Artist GCAM-7200 would be PERFECT for you. I
>> have one
>> I carry my Leica in; it is small but holds a lot of stuff and is
>> easy and
>> fast to work from out in the field. Very expensive, unfortunately.
>> I got
>> mine when they had them on sale a few years ago for half what they
>> cost
>> now. Still, it is the best bag I have ever seen for carrying a small
>> camera and lenses.
>>
>> http://www.popflash.com/bags/cases/straps/artisan-artist-gcam-7200-black-ny
>> lon/leather-camera-bag-new/
>>
> --

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE