[OM] Dr. Flash's chosen solution to the T-32 filter question

Subject: [OM] Dr. Flash's chosen solution to the T-32 filter question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 07:36:14 -0500
First, Mark identified this Rosco 1/2 stop ND filter
<http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000B73PFE/ref=cm_sw_su_dp>

Then Piers pointed out that the T-32 needs no filter frame. Just cut a
piece of gel filter about 30x65mm and slide it between the dovetails.
(See page 2 of this instruction sheet PDF from the eSIF)
<http://olympus.dementix.org/eSIF/om-sif/flashphotogroup/manuals/t32_color.pdf>

Then I recalled that somewhere (I still haven't found them) I had some
Rosco filters for correcting the flash for fluorescent and incandescent
lighting.  I used to strap them to the T-32 with rubber bands.  The
correct Rosco filters names/numbers had been identified on Strobist.com
a long time ago.

So I did some more searching and discovered or (maybe rediscovered) this
from 2009:
<http://strobist.blogspot.com/2009/08/rosco-thinks-big-by-thinking-small.html>
  It's an inexpensive 55 piece gel filter set suitable for any small strobe.

which led me to this:
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=634658&Q=&is=REG&A=details>

  B&H sells it for $7.95 + $3.99 (slow, cheap shipping) so you can get
it for under $12.00.

It's for sale lots of places but I chose the B&H link because the price
is less than or equal to any other offering and... if you check the B&H
page above and select the "In the Box" tab you'll get a complete and
detailed listing of all the filters included.  There are two Cinegel
#3415 N.15 Neutral Density filters (1/2 stop) plus a full selection of
cooling and warming filters.  20 different filters in all with multiple
copies of many for a total of 55.

I'll probably never use most of these filters but the price is no more
than ordering a single large sheet of ND 0.15 and discarding most of it.

User review comment:  Keep them organized, it's easy to mix them up, no
labels on filters. Data sheet identifies them by original packing order.

Cheers,
Dr. Flash