Re: [OM] Dr. Flash asks a flash question

Subject: Re: [OM] Dr. Flash asks a flash question
From: philippe.amard@xxxxxx
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 09:51:12 +0100 (CET)
Thought of using a sieve

Kitchen Aid Philippe

Tous vos emails en 1 clic avec l'application SFR Mail sur iPhone et Android -
En savoir plus.

Message du : 13/12/2013 23:59
De : "Chuck Norcutt " <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A : "Olympus mail list" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Copie à :
Sujet : [OM] Dr. Flash asks a flash question

 Anybody have any suggestions on how to cut the light output of a T-32 in
full power manual mode by 1/2 stop?  Using the low power setting on a
T-32 drops the output by 2 stops.  Using a filter holder and a T-32 ND4
filter also drops it by 2 stops while the ND8 drops it by 4 stops.

I can't use auto or TTL modes so have to figure out how to throttle it
back in manual mode.  I've thought about using some sort of ND gel
filter but these things tend to cost more than the present value of a
T-32.  I've thought of sprinkling little stick-on black dots over the
surface to block the light but don't know how well that would work.  Any
blockage needs to be distributed over the surface fairly evenly since I
don't want to block the angle of coverage.  Maybe a layer or two of
exposed B&W film?  What can you suggest that I haven't already thought of?

Thanks,
Dr. Flash (looking for lower power)