Re: [OM] IMG: Composing in B&W

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Composing in B&W
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 12:47:20 +0100
My experience is that the x-e1 jpegs are first class most of the time
- I keep shooting raw and using LR mainly because of my long standing
bad habit of doctoring my takes ;-)
But also because you sometimes have to.

Amities
Philippe

Le 12 déc. 13 à 08:53, Jim Nichols a écrit :

> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for the kind words.
>
> I did just what you suggested, this afternoon, but with crude subject
> matter.  I would like to try it outside, with sky and clouds.
> However,
> after seeing the quality achievable from the RAW images, I don't
> think I
> can ever settle for jpegs.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
>
> On 12/12/2013 12:46 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
>> They both look very fine to me, Jim.
>>
>> If you tried setting your Fuji to RAW+JPEG and setting the "film"
>> to one of the monochrome settings, you might enjoy the results.
>> You would still have the RAW file to play with if the JPEG did not
>> work for you, of course.
>>
>> But I suspect that the post-processing is part of the enjoyment for
>> you.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> On 9 Dec 13, at 20:37, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> These two images were composed in B&W, then processed from the RAW
>>> image
>>> and converted to B&W.  I liked the result.  Maybe the B&W finder
>>> does
>>> improve "seeing" the final image.
>>>
>>> Mirror:  http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Mirror.jpg.html
>>>
>>> Lamp:  http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Lamp.jpg.html
>

> --

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE