Re: [OM] Northshore TB Hospital

Subject: Re: [OM] Northshore TB Hospital
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:36:53 -0600
Dude, let me tell you...

That was the very closest I could come to that place. It was no secret that
it was haunted. What is odd is that I attempted to photograph it on several
occasions, but never got the shot because of the strangest stuff. Misfed
film, shutter jams, broken tripods, dead batteries... In eight years I got
two shots and only one keeper which you see here.  Even my vehicle would
experience electricsl problems. This place was over the top skin crawl. I
swear that those overhead branches were reaching down for me. The wind
would moan even when there was no wind. I know several people who had been
inside, but none of them ever returned to do it again. Once, the local
newspaper did a story on it and the photographer attempted to shoot. He was
able to somewhat shoot the assignment but every piece of equipment failed
either during the job or over the next two weeks. Even when it was torn
down several years ago, the contractor experienced extensive mechanical
failures and guys running, not walking off the job. Unreal.

The developer that bought the 9 acre site for $1600 turned it back to the
township because they couldn't do anything with it. For some reason the
ground is contaminated...

The police would never go in there to chase out trespassers. They would
just wait down the street for them to come out and the perps would always
run right to the cops begging for protection. Never needed to warn them not
to go in there again.

So, yes, I did do a bit of manipulation to this photograph, but it is still
a whole lot less creepy than it was in real life.

AG

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013, Paul Braun wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > The old, abandoned Northshore TB Hospital (and sanatorium). North
> > Muskegon, Michigan. I really did try to make it less creepy.
> >
> > http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=10115
> >

> If that's "less creepy", I can't imagine what "full-on creepy" looks
> like....
> --
>
> Paul Braun
> Certified Music Junkie
>
> "Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard
> --

Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.zone-10.com