[OM] Florence Cathedral - optical illusion

Subject: [OM] Florence Cathedral - optical illusion
From: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 20:32:29 +0000
 Jez Cunningham [1]<jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
Subject: Re: [OM] Florence cathedral - Optical illusion?
To: Olympus Camera Discussion [2]<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
And many more here....
[3]http://www.boredpanda.com/5-most-talented-3d-sidewalk-chalk-artists/

On 27 November 2013 18:03, philippe.amard [4]<philippe.amard@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I see what you mean now - and share the same feeling :-) thanks Brian
>

> I know the domes were created with optical illusion in mind in order
> to create a greater apparent depth/height, so why not play with the

   Thank you Jez.  The website makes somewhat of a mockery of the old
   saying 'Seeing is believing' doesn't it?
   Looking at the picture of Florence Cathedral after printing a rough
   copy I had noticed that the effect appears absent if I look from a
   distance when the print is on a flat table, but returns when I look
   down on the print - the latter being roughly equivalent to looking at
   the picture on my computer monitor.
   I think we should all be waiting to see what effects Tina's pictures
   create when she is ready to show us?
   Brian Gray