[OM] Florence Cathedral

Subject: [OM] Florence Cathedral
From: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 21:53:27 +0000
   Hi Tina and Frank
   I have to apologise for confusing your photographs of the cathedral.
   On looking again I agree that it was my eyes' reaction to Frank
   Wijsmuller's photograph which  surprised me although I found all of
   them impressive.  I will be fascinated to see some of those you, Tina,
   say you took looking down from the dome to see if they produce the same
   effect for me.   Does anyone know enough about medieval church design
   to comment whether the effect might have been deliberate when the floor
   mosaics were being designed?
   Brian Gray