[OM] For Chuck, mostly

Subject: [OM] For Chuck, mostly
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:53:54 -0800
Chuck, you seemed to be interested in the capabilities of the Canon SX50
HS.  Late yesterday afternoon, I noticed an antique Mercedes sedan in
front of our next door neighbor's house.  Since I was interested in
identifying the year and model, I wanted a picture of the car.  My first
thought was that it was too late in the day and therefore not enough
light.  But then I decided to just see what this camera can do.
I didn't have much time, so I just moved the tripod to where I could get
the front end of the car and took a few shots.  While the result is a
complete mess as far as composition and such is concerned, it does show
a bit of the camera capability in low light.  Surprised me, really.  I
expected to see quite a bit more noise.
There is a bunch of orange reflections in the window to be ignored.
I do believe that the car is a '55 Mercedes 180, and it is not in as
nice shape as I first thought. VBG  But then, it does appear to be a
daily driver.
<http://www.pbase.com/pelaughlin/image/153531827&exif=Y>
Paul in Portland OR