[OM] Nathan's PAD 24/11/2013: a wonderful afternoon/evening with Philipp

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 24/11/2013: a wonderful afternoon/evening with Philippe and Alice
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 08:19:18 +0100
I have been invited to give a talk at the University of Strasbourg this
evening, and so I did the sensible thing and flew up here already yesterday.
This allowed me to spend a great afternoon and evening in the company of
Philippe and Alice on their home turf.

First, we climbed up to the top of the cathedral tower. Alice (who is the
Strasbourg native and knows the city better than Philippe) told us that there
was a lift. Maybe back in the Middle Ages there was, but not in 2013. We
climbed up the 347 steps, although we did not count them:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2929667052&k=2pkgNqS&lb=1&s=O

Afterwards, we rewarded ourselves:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2929667350&k=Jxs69sB&lb=1&s=O

Thanks to Philippe and Alice for being such great hosts!

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain