[OM] Florence Cathedral - http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=96

Subject: [OM] Florence Cathedral - http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=9609
From: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 21:11:23 +0000
   Hi
   Having taken pictures of the outside of Florence Cathedral with my
   OM2SP a few years ago, I was very interested to see Tina's impressive
   picture of the inside as seen when looking down from under the dome.
   However, I am intrigued that my aging eyes give me the impression that
   I am looking down into a pit with a few rows of pews falling into it
   from the right.  I suspect that this is mainly an effect caused by the
   shapes in the floor mosaics but wonder if any processing effects are
   involved.  Did anyone else see this effect?
   Florence was very busy when we visited and, while taking exterior
   photographs, my wife and I got separated from our guide and the rest of
   the party.  I remember using the radio headphones through which we were
   listening to the tour guide to help us follow her by noting in which
   directions her voice signal increased or decreased at any road
   junctions as we all made our way towards the Uffizi gallery.   I assume
   that this would not have worked with a digital system rather than a
   basic analogue radio system - that might have been embarrassing. :-)
   Brian Gray