Re: [OM] (OM) Roses - just because I can ..

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Roses - just because I can ..
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 14:29:42 -0800
On 11/19/2013 7:33 AM, Brian Swale wrote:
> PESO
>
> Three of yesterday's roses

> and the next two to the right.

Do I detect some tiny modicum of smugness as the antipodean summer looms? :-)

> Enjoy !

Did! Only the name of the center one seems to have any relevance to the flower.

Fortunately, I live in a mild climate, and sometimes have to hold my tongue as
others here discuss their weather.

I also could, Saturday. You have enticed me to process a few pics I took in the
garden while trying out a new camera.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=3922>

Our version of winter has come, three days of relatively steady rain. Nothing
dramatic, or involving frozen water.
We do depend on winter snow in the mountains for our summer water, so this is
welcome.

Today, the Sunsprite bud has barely opened, waiting, I presume for the sun
tomorrow. Only a few buds on the Sunsprites,
many on the red climber, a couple on the white climber.

The roses will generally continue to bloom moderately, off and on, through
winter, as will the old fuscia. The Cape
honeysuckle will bloom a lot, as will the pineapple sage.

Flowery Moose