Re: [OM] IMG: Pomegranates with WhiBal

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Pomegranates with WhiBal
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 09:52:57 -0500
I'm a raw shooter and shoot almost everything in the camera's daylight
or flash white balance so the JPEG previews look about like what I
expect to see.  I post process everything but white balance adjustments
are relatively rare except for occasionally removing a bit of blue from
heavily shadowed areas.  Yes, I do have a WhiBal card but almost never
use it.

I understand how shooting an image of the WhiBal card tells me how to
use that image to properly correct in post but I do not understand how
adjusting the white balance in camera can have any effect at all on your
raw files.  Am I missing something really basic?  Maybe something your
MF camera does that my lesser digicams don't?

Chuck Norcutt