Re: [OM] OT: Call for Technies Mac users's help - monitor calibration us

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Call for Technies Mac users's help - monitor calibration using i1 display pro
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 17:54:07 -0500
I don't have an iMac or that particular calibration product but I do
have an X-Write calibration product for PCs called EZcolor Suite.  It's
very easy to use.  You have a calibration "puck" which hangs down over
the screen and reads the color patches the software creates.  It's just
a matter of installing the software, starting it up, plugging the puck
into a USB port and following directions.

But a warning:  When I bought this product I was still using a CRT.  I
tried to use it on my big 23" flatscreen but I don't think the product
is capable of doing much in the way of adjustment on the flatscreen.  I
must confess that I don't know if that's a characteristic of the
flatscreen technology vs CRT (there aren't any color guns to be
adjusted) or if it's a limitation of older software (circa 2006) working
on new hardware.  Anyhow, my screen changed very little but I didn't
really think it needed adjustment in the first place.  Check the
documentation specificially for commentary relative to function provided
on flatscreen devices.

As to comparing three iMacs I can only repeat the old saying:  Confucius
says a man with two clocks never knows what time it is. :-)

Chuck Norcutt