Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 09:10:15 -0500
I've got 16gb o ram in the MB Pro. I believe that's the limit.

D3 RAW files are around 9MB, give or take. D800 RAW files are closer to 40MB.
Depending on how much post processing I do, the .TIFF or .psd files can grow to
as large as 800MB. Average seems between 200MB and 300MB.

I also may be testing the limits of Thunderbolt's speed, although I have not
noticed an appreciable difference processing Scotland pictures, which are
living on the MB Pro hard drive, and the rest of my pics, which are on the
Thunderbolt array. I know, I've just been too lazy to deport the images from
the laptop HD to the Thunderbolt array.

Not that big an issue, really. I'm not sweating huge numbers of wedding or
other event files that need to be turned out fastly and furiously. I'm plodding
along one image at a time, processing it, and then going back time and again to
revisit, tweak, and sometimes delete and start over.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal