[OM] Fwd: OM-D E-M1

Subject: [OM] Fwd: OM-D E-M1
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 20:05:31 -0500 (EST)
Saw a poster sized print using the EM-1 and 12-40 at the Hunt show and
gave it a critical look No obvious weaknesses but not as nice as prints
from
the D800 in Bob's hands but many other variables there as well. I
suspect it is good enough if not great for most purposes.
The A7R wasn't available to handle at that show either. How alt WA's
behave on it seem to vary with design even if not RF. I haven't been
able to keep up with the rapidly accumulating data as swamped at work.
If the corner smearing color nasties and vignetting are modest and the
rendering magic isn't perturbed that much, Corner fix profiles seem to
work nicely on NEX 7 and I suspect the A7R. Zeiss is making WA primes
for the FE mount to avoid those issues, but it will be awhile.
The upcoming 24-70 Zeiss zoom for it has MTF out---a bit worrisome in
the corners but the sagital line is superb at 40 lp/mm. These seem to
be calculated charts.  Impressively nice at the long end.  I know the
Zuiko 21F2 is perfectly fine on OM5DII or my 4T.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41926915/D26leQibtOOre7vCF9Jfju7_Uc_UoI1-g2ObyXSztW0.png

Mike