Re: [OM] Backup - a cautionary tale

Subject: Re: [OM] Backup - a cautionary tale
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 07:29:57 -0500
I'm coming up on time to change my Time Machine drive. It's an OWC external
that has worked flawlessly for several years now. More problematic are the four
HDs in the Promise Pegasus R4 Thunderbolt array that I've hooked to my MacBook
Pro. I know I need to be thinking about replacing them, but at the moment I
don't want to shell out for four HDs. That said, I believe, if I read the
manual correctly, all I have to do is swap them out one at a time, as though
the existing drive had failed, and watch as the array copies itself to the new
drive.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal (for a reason)