Re: [OM] Redneck

Subject: Re: [OM] Redneck
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 13:51:53 -0600
My car is a Lexus IS350C. We get either 10 or 15 percent alcohol. There is
an automatic 30% loss with pure alcohol, less of course in blends. Alcohol
just doesn't have the BTU's that gasoline does. What we get without is
dependent on where purchased. About a year ago, I drove to Oklahoma, and
noted in barely rural areas outside Tulsa, there were many stations, mostly
independent convenience stores, with a 4x8 sheet of plywood with the notice
"no alcohol" spray painted on it.

In any event, the whole business of US energy independence is no longer
valid. Although we import oil, we export more from the Wyoming and North
Dakota fields. Oil, like anything else, follows the money. Our oil from
fracking in Wyoming and ND goes by rail to the coasts, and by ship to Japan,
China and Europe, 'cause they pay more than domestic refineries.