Re: [OM] (OM) How the wild fennel was trapped and captured

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) How the wild fennel was trapped and captured
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 03:21:31 +1300
Chris wrote

>&> Thanks, Brian, that looks good.  And I like your tripod.
>&>
>&> Fennel is one of my favourites for flavouring dishes; butternut squash is
>&> even better.

 Thanks, Chris.

I used another fennel bulb from the same supermarket pile in the stir-fry I
made last night.
Too timid.

I think I will get several and cook them carefully and gently for a white sauce
with fish ...

That tripod I've had since I bought it somewhere around 1989 - 1990 (before
internet was
widely available) direct from B&H in New York, working off the advertisements
at the back of
Popular Photography. They posted it to me at work. Tripod in one parcel and the
Manfrotto
3-way pan head in another.

It is a Gitso Studex 320.

I chose that tripod and set-up as a result of the specific recommendation by
John Shaw in his
wonderful books on nature photography, circa 1987.

He was the ONLY author I encountered who made definite and specific gear
recommendations.

Good enough for him had to be OK for me. I've never regretted the purchase, 23
years later.

I've just opened one of the two books he wrote that I have.

Wonderful Kodachrome shots using the Ni*on gear he did. Still an inspiration.
I must look through them both later today. Inspiring stuff..

Brian Swale