Re: [OM] And Now, for Something Different.

Subject: Re: [OM] And Now, for Something Different.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 03:22:12 -0700
On 10/30/2013 1:29 PM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Yup. that's what I do, at least when I can remember to do it.

Yes, as do I - sometimes. :-)

The original intent of the shot was to use long telephoto compression to render
bands of differing colors and textures
on a salt marsh. I was aware of and careful of exactly what Ken talks about. As
such, it's moderately successful, but
nothing to get excited about.

It was while processing it that I saw what shooting at such a distance through
air over sun heated sand, grass, mud and
water had done in distorting the birds and their surroundings in interesting
ways - and the felicitous capture of flying
gulls.

None of the distortions of form and brightness are a result of my processing.
All the effects that make it
interesting/challenging/unappealing/whatever are "natural".

All I did was adjust for the contrast reducing effect of a long column of air
and slightly blur a few features.

Slow Hand Moose