Re: [OM] Unknown tree type

Subject: Re: [OM] Unknown tree type
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 02:28:24 +1300
Paul wrote:
>&>
>&> There are two trees on the parking strip across the street that have
>&> heart shaped leaves.  The leaves come on, in the spring, red in color.
>&> They then turn green and mostly turn yellow in the fall.  During the first
>&> few years after they were planted, I understood that they were actually
>&> bushes that could be pruned and trimmed so that they would grow into small
>&> trees.  Here is an image of a few of the leaves.  Someone on here might
>&> have an idea as to identification.
>&> <http://www.pbase.com/pelaughlin/image/153124366/large>&>

As some kind of resident arborist / botanist, I'm stumped ( forester as well)
for an answer.

I think it would be helpful if, in due course, I could see pics of flowers &
fruit.

Nice shot BTW. Leaves are slightly reminiscent of poplars, but the attachment
to the twigs
and the buds (what buds?) are not.

Brian Swale