Re: [OM] IMG: Redwood Forest

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Redwood Forest
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 21:55:17 -0700
On 10/25/2013 7:21 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
> PESO:
>
> Revisiting some older files:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/153063614

Nice choice of subject. Good reduction of the extreme DR, too, so one may see
everything. Not a good reproduction of how
it really looks, with the extreme contrast of bright and dark, but about all
one can do in an image.

But the colors!!!! The first version is fine in the green midtones and above,
but the trees are terribly wrong,
especially the shadows, and other shadows are off too. I suppose this is
largely the result of the HDR process?

The second is less magenta, but the trees are still wrong. I've lived around
redwoods all my life, and they aren't those
colors. This is a lot closer.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Manley/Redwoods.htm>

Next time, maybe I'll remember to shoot my neutral card next to a couple of
trees. Still, most of my single shots of
redwoods get the colors pretty right.

Redwood Moose