[OM] (OM) OT Facebook 'new' policies on their use of images

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT Facebook 'new' policies on their use of images
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 02:02:20 +1300
Hi all,

I have got myself into a small spot of bother on FB by stating as fact that FB
stated in a
recent policy revision that it not only had rights to the images posted on FB
by users, but

also to images on sites linked to in URLs posted on FB.

My memory tells me that the latter was discussed in this forum, but I don't
usually save
individual posts for future reference unless they are tech-related, so I have
no quick way to
matter.

I spent at least 30 minutes searching through facebook's voluminous maze of
pages on
these matters - some of it in quite small font - and did not come up with a
clear, definitive
statement about this.
At the same time, there were plenty of comments by FB users who complained that
FB
obfuscates discussion on such matters.

If one of us can come up with clarification on this it will be much appreciated.

Brian Swale