Re: [OM] (OM) Lithops in flower

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Lithops in flower
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:01:00 +1300
Philippe wrote:
>&>
>&> VERY nice Brian indeed Brian - I love the textures, both flowers and ground.
>&>
>&> And speaking of flowers and textures here is a post I received from
>&> another list last night, which illustrates a technique some of you  might
>&> want to experiment with.
>&>
>&> QUOTE
>&> :
>&> More cactus from SoCal.  Will be heading back up north in a week.    view
>&> large.  All taken with 100 APO on Nikon D600   Single image.
>&> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/ff/Yellow+Cactus-5707.jpg.html
>&>
>&> Stacked images.  About 14 for each shot.
>&>
>&>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/ff/Yellow+Cactus-5674-Edit.jpg.html
>&>
>&>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/ff/Yellow+Cactus-5692-Edit.jpg.html
>&>
>&> Comments welcome
>&>
>&> Aram
>&>
>&> UNQUOTE
>&>
>&> Keep them coming any way :-)
>&>
>&> Amities
>&> Philippe
>&>
>&> Le 18 oct. 13 ? 23:17, Brian Swale a ?crit :
>&> May I suggest looking at this pic - I think it's stunning viewed large.
>&> http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=9082
>&> E-3 & DZ 35mm macro, hand-held.
>&> C & C welcome
>&>
>&> Brian Swale

Thanks Philippe. Actually, what I suspect you called the "ground" is actually
the body of the
little Lithops. It looks rather like what I have seen in photos of the skin of
Conger eels.

I may try a shot with my hand for scale - if I can do it without getting
punctured by the spines
of its neighbours ...

When not in flower, Lithops looks for all the world like a small pile of stones
in the sun-baked
desert. Check it out in wikipedia and watch the little video -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithops

I actually think my one shot has more 'character' and appeal than the 14
stacked shots of the
Leica (Nikon) shooter. Perspective and light make a huge difference.

Feel free to copy my shot and post it on the Leica site, mentioning that it was
taken with an
Olympus E-3 + DZ 35mm macro, one shot ... :-)   (Stirring the pot just a
little).

Brian Swale - himself