Re: [OM] OT: Modern Life in America

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Modern Life in America
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 18:56:34 -0400
Havers, man, lighten up. It's no that bad.

If you go to Halifax Bank of Scotland, Killin branch, and ask to change some
U.S. dollars, they tell you they don't do that. The nice lady behind the
counter dispatches you to the fudge shop in Callander. It was out of our way,
so we waited until we got to the Post Office in Portree, which doubles as a
stationery store (which, incidentally, is stationary).

You also have to watch out for zebras crossing the roads in the UK. They have
kindly marked principal zebra crossings, but still . . .

In France, the wrong people have the right of way in roundabouts. Plus they
give you day-old baguettes for breakfast. Blech! (Sorry, Philippe <g>)

In the UK, they just go the wrong way in roundabouts.

Canada, well, what can we say about Canada. If you move there, you have to be
nice. They are very serious about this. Disgruntled Americans need not apply.
Even calling yourself an American will get you in trouble. Canadians have this
strange idea that they are Americans, too. Something about the whole continent
concept. I dunno.

Give it a couple more election cycles. I think things will straighten
themselves out. If they don't, we can carpool.

--Bob Whitmire
Registered Neanderthal