Re: [OM] B&W Single-track

Subject: Re: [OM] B&W Single-track
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 08:28:45 -0400
It i a very real concern. I almost did it twice. The first time, I was turning
the wheel when I realized what I was doing. The second time, Joan warned me
just as my hand was tightening for the turn.

When I got in the car each morning, I had a little mantra. It sounds silly, but
it helped put my mind in the proper frame of reference. "I am in the United
Kingdom. In the United Kingdom, they drive on the left side of the road."

You have to learn to override your instincts, and get some new instincts. And
don't worry about coming home. When I got in our car for the first time it was
like I'd never driven on the left side of the road. Maybe another month of so
in Scotland and it might have been a problem, but after two weeks, not so much.

--Bob Whitmire
Registered Neanderthal