[OM] IMG: Africa

Subject: [OM] IMG: Africa
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 18:11:34 -0400 (EDT)
> I don't know what causes the blue halo around the trees behind Leo.
Any
> ideas? Or how to fix it?

Looks like classic longitudinal chromatic aberration. A bit of quick
research show this lens does have this especially wide open. Was that
the case? Quite nice performance as the 400mm Leica Telyt-R f/6.8
was designed in 1968 though produced until 1994. It is an interesting
design with a long tube and only one 2-element achromat lens group in
the very front. Remarkable it is as good as it is though even cooke
triplet lenses (designed in 1893) with more exotic modern glass can be
excellent. I think Andrew has one. Minor modification with aspheric
elements are said to be used in cell phone cams today.

Fix??? Not sure how desat would look but greenish like the foliage
should  look OK, IMO. I wonder if the color picker in PS could select
it well enough and tone down the blue channel. Undoubtedly many ways to
do  this.
Seems you have the same talent with critters as with people.  Doesn't
seem fair.  ;-)

Mike