[OM] New 45-150/2.8 Pro lens

Subject: [OM] New 45-150/2.8 Pro lens
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:40:38 -0500
So, I had a talk with the CFO.

As long as she finds another job, and as long as I keep purging old, unused
stuff from the basement, I will be allowed to stuff an envelope with cash
with the target being that shiny new 45-150/2.8 later next year.

I think I'm kinda excited.  That would be my first "big glass" (even though
it's small big glass....) and would definitely make it much easier to shoot
concerts in addition to my other subjects.

I think my renewed interest in photography, thanks to the E-M5 and Ken's
gallery and all of your comoments and suggestions, has helped with that
approval process.  She's been with me for 26 years - she's also seen a lot
of toys for various hobbies that started out hot and then slowly fizzled.
It's like she knows me....

But I've stuck with photography more or less since grade school.  I slowed
down when film developing got expensive, and then I got the E-1, which
sparked a renewed interest.  Getting that tiny E-M5, though, and the
commitment to carry it with me every day, has really pushed me and inspired
me to look at the world around me differently.  And having a convenient
place to post those photos, and getting over insecurities about my skills,
has also really helped.  And Sheri really likes what I'm getting and can
see that I'm really using the new toys.

So, I have a goal now.  I want to have $1200 stuffed in that envelope when
Oly drops it on the market.

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard