[OM] Actually saw a few Bronze Coppers! (4)

Subject: [OM] Actually saw a few Bronze Coppers! (4)
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 19:31:11 -0400 (EDT)
Never have had an image before and  a few glimpses.  They are rare in
Massachusetts.
It was windy with rapidly changing lighting conditions with sun and
clouds.
Sun came out so OM with 400VC not used and put T32 on 5DII for fill to
soften harsh shadows with 3 stop ND filter as auto usually blows it out
by 2 stops or so with background at 5ft. I had one shot with a male
isolated  on an aster with a nice background but choked on the focus.
Thought you might like a look at these critters anyway.

Bronze Coppers have an odd late season flight within the same brood,
with a prolonged staggered emergence and two distinct peak flight
periods.
I think this is it for this year. I have looked intermittently for
these critters for 4 years with zero images to date.  Saw 4 today
including one male.

http://tinyurl.com/mvafnro

http://tinyurl.com/mmb9y4j

Just for kicks: