Re: [OM] More old aeroplane photos

Subject: Re: [OM] More old aeroplane photos
From: "Jon Mitchell" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 00:16:18 +0100
Hi Ken,

Not disputing the fact that they are rare, but more than 1 in formation is
not that uncommon.  Somewhere around here (I really should find it and post
it on Zone 10), I have photos of 8 (yes EIGHT) Spitfires flying in formation
at the Goodwood Revival a few years back.  They always have 2 or 3 flying in
formation, but the 8 that year was something special.  I can't remember the
details of them all, but there were a variety of the different types.  If I
do find and post the pictures, no doubt someone here will identify them all
!

Can't comment on the wing shape though, which may indeed rule out your plane
being a spitfire.  I think there were subtle differences in wing shape
across the range of spitfires though ...

Jon