Re: [OM] Cardio Vascular Disease [was: Pungo Creek Butcher]

Subject: Re: [OM] Cardio Vascular Disease [was: Pungo Creek Butcher]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 09:36:34 -0400
Chuck and Moose read beyond the ends of their noses.  On Pub-Med one can
find plenty of short term, peer-reviewed studies that support the use of
L-arginine as a supplement to improve endothelial health.  I strongly
considered it myself after your recommendation and reading Cooke's book
of 2002.  But I did some research first and discovered later studies
(including some by Cooke himself) showing major adverse cardiac events
involving patients not only with peripheral artery disease but those who
had suffered heart attacks.  Some of the sellers of L-arginine are well
aware of this.  Now Foods, for example, has this warning on their product:
This supplement should be avoided by persons with glaucoma or herpes
simplex unless otherwise prescribed by a physician. Do not use if you
have had a myocardial infarction or have established coronary artery
disease.
As you can see we're warned not to use the product for exactly the
reason you've advised us to use it.

Chuck Norcutt