Re: [OM] Scottish moorland, loch and mountain

Subject: Re: [OM] Scottish moorland, loch and mountain
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 11:06:15 +0100
Not far off, Chris.  Balnakeil was the domestic camp for an early 1950s
ROTOR radar - Early Warning of aircraft, not ballistic missiles - at Faraid
Head which lasted for barely five years (the site is now used for Garvie
Island range control!):

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/sites/f/faraid_head/index2.html

Piers