Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 34: the dog days of summer

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 34: the dog days of summer
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 11:11:40 -0700
I always enjoy your pictures.  A couple of these triggered some
memories.  The Paella and the cart.  Especially the cart.  When I was
stationed at Torrejon Air Base near Madrid in the mid '60s, we were on a
Sunday drive in the mountains when we met a farmer with a cart like that
one, pulled with a yoke of oxen.  I stopped and got out of the car with
the Polaroid camera and took a picture.  While it was developing, he
called out and a little girl came out from behind the cart.  She had
been riding on the back.  They posed with the cart and the oxen and I
took a couple of more pictures.  After they developed, I gave him one of
them.  I don't think that they had ever seen a Polaroid camera before.
He acted like I had given him a pot of gold.  Good memories.
Paul in Portland OR