Re: [OM] Moonrise reminder

Subject: Re: [OM] Moonrise reminder
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 00:55:08 -0700
On 8/21/2013 12:36 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> We know all about the fog.  We didn't see much at all whilst we were
> driving down the coast a few years ago (through a fog tunnel clutching
> the cliffs).

As I say so often, it's all pot luck. We were prepared to go either way, coast
or inland, and lucked out. Third
night/morning were pretty heavy fog; walking through it got one wet. But we
took a chance our luck would hold.

We headed South, toward a section that is known as the local Banana Belt, and
got several hours of sun. The next
morning, we could sit under the lovely tree in our campsite and watch the fine
droplets fall - almost rain.

As we drove south, it started to break up and after lunch, we had a lovely,
sunny trip home.

> But we don't know who makes the world's best chicken pot
> pie.  I could use some right now.  I'm really hungry.

Only bad spot in our trip. Bridget Dolan's Pub in Elk turns out to be closed on
Wednesdays. Still, on our way to find
that out, we saw a wild boar*, and again on the way back, as well as a coyote.

Travelin' Moose

* The wild boar, bacon and cheese burger at Q in Fort Bragg is terrific!