Re: [OM] (OM) Photo used on Facebook

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Photo used on Facebook
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 02:37:34 +1200
Rick wrote:

> I think I misread your post.
>
> Thought "chuffed" was down-under for 'pissed.' As in, she used it without
> permission.
>
> So my second thought is, I'm happy for you.
>
> Rick, who's getting older & slower.

You got there Rick !!   Yes, it means that I'm delighted.

It's can be difficult to always translate idiomatic expressions accurately
between speakers of the English language in different cultures, and this is a
good example of that.

In my culture, "pissed" means severely intoxicated with alcohol.

"Pissed off" means "pretty angry or annoyed".  We never confuse the two.

Brian Swale