Re: [OM] A field on Yoder Road

Subject: Re: [OM] A field on Yoder Road
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 21:50:54 -0700
On 8/8/2013 4:51 PM, Chris Crawford wrote:
> Moose, please remove my work, all of it, from your site.

Done.

> You don't have
> permission to post them there or to edit them. I make my living selling my
> work and I do not want it on other people's websites. I know I have asked
> you this before.

Well, I don't believe so, but if I forgot, I apologize.

> The skies in my photos are that way because I WANT THEM THAT WAY.

I understood that. You are too fine a technician for that not to be true. My
question was one of curiosity. "I continue
to wonder why you seem to dislike sky/cloud detail." You say that's how Indiana
looks. I am answered.

> I do not, thank God, live in California.

The reverse is, I assure you, also true. Although born in Illinois, I remember
none of my less than two years there. I
find the Midwest to be nice to visit, but not a place for me to live. Then
again, that's true of much of California. It
is both large and contains a vast diversity of topography and climate.

Like you, I live where I grew up. Whether that may change one day, I do not
know. If this current foggy/overcast part of
the summer weather cycle here doesn't change soon ...

> This is what Indiana looks like.

To you. There are other photographers of Indiana the clouds in whose skies are
visible in their photographs. You have a
clear vision for your art. That's good, as so few artists really do. Sometimes
it mystifies me, and I seek to understand
a bit more of it.

It seems to me that engaging with art, of all sorts, that is not familiar or
understandable or comfortable, or is just
plain mysterious to me, will help me expand myself. Yours is nowhere near as
far in those directions as some I try to
find common ground with, come into some kind of meaningful, possibly even
creative, relationship with.

I know a couple of writers whose fiction is so far unreadable to me. Yet I will
undoubtedly try again. How is it that
these people I know, with whom I can hold pleasant, understandable
conversations, have ways of expression in them that
are so opaque or off-putting to me?

As it seems you would prefer it, I shall endeavor not to comment on the images
you post, even as they engage me in ways
that I would like to share.

Moose