Re: [OM] Hellooo? Maybe another Hrd of Nils? [was OK, which do you like

Subject: Re: [OM] Hellooo? Maybe another Hrd of Nils? [was OK, which do you like better?]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 22:03:36 -0700
On 8/7/2013 1:50 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 3:42 PM, <usher99@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Yes, excellent crop, IMO.
>>
>> Lez Ismore (not a good name for an accountant), AKA,  Mike
> Moose,
>
> Wouldja mind sharing how you made the bottlecap/strings/finger magic happen?

I rather suspect it can't be done in LR, but don't know for sure, as I don't
use it - well, OK, dislike it a lot.

Select the bottle top. I used Quick Selection Tool, but others would work.

Refine Selection, Enlarge Selection 100%, Feather, maybe 3.

Apply Content Aware Fill.

Use the Clone tool to clean up. For example, clone source of a string and
adjacent wood may be copied left across to the
edge. Could all be done with the Clone Tool without much extra effort.

Hard to describe the details beyond that. It was pretty easy for someone with
experience using the Clone Tool. To some
extent, it's a matter of source material. The bottle top is easy because it
blocks something just like the area
surrounding it. The coffee cup would be quite difficult.

Moose