Re: [OM] Ventured forth

Subject: Re: [OM] Ventured forth
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 12:38:20 -0400
Interesting.

I've thought about making life interesting by taking only the Funji (sic)
X-100s with me to Scotland next month. Several list members have tried to
dissuade me, so far successfully; however, the more I see of the camera's
capabilities, the more I am tempted. While the Nikon D800 kit would certainly
give me more options, it comes with a price measured in bulk, weight and
vulnerability.

The X-100s, on the other hand, looks a bit much like a toy. Not a camera anyone
is likely to take seriously, and therefore much more likely to produce good
candid shots of people as well as scenery. What it does not have is reach. The
D800 with 70-200 (and add 1.7x extender) has an admirable reach and IQ that's
hard to beat.

Hum. Maybe I'll take the D800 with 70-200/4 and the X-100s and call it a trip.
<g>

--Bob Whitmire
Registered Neanderthal